Account Set-up instructions
How do I make a password in Star_Portal? Watch the new video!
How do I navigate Star_Portal? Watch the video!
- Locate your Star_Portal letter. This letter has your Star_Portal user name and temporary password. Parent received their Star_Portal letter in the mail while students receive their letter in homeroom.
- Go to the Star_Portal website - and click the link labeled "login"
- Using the information for the letter, enter your user name and the temporary password in the form boxes. The first time you use the system, you will be prompted to create a new password. The new paasswords must have least eight (8) characters in length and must be a combination of letters and numbers.
- Once your enter the new password, you will be sent to a new window. Do not be alarmed when you see an red "Error" message. Simply retype the newly created password in the form box on the new page. You will now be logged into the Star_Portal.
How secure is your password? Click here for an article from the New York Times regarding password strength.
You will see the following links in Star_Portal
Attendance - Your student's Year-to-Date Attendance Records
a. Schedule - The student's schedule of classes
b. Teacher - Links to your student's teachers' email addresses
c. Class Period Attendance - Attendance records for individual classes
d. Assignments - A link to homework, quizzes, tests, etc from each course.
Grades- Marking period grades (Report Card Information)
Interims - Copy of the progress reports sent during the middle of the marking period.
Discipline - A listing of discipline actions that appear on your student's record (detention, suspensions, etc.)
- Transcripts (Parent account only) - A listing of all student grades for the entire high school career.
Tests - Statewide and national test scores (HSPA, PSAT, SAT, etc.)
What if I do not have a user name?
Your user name was mailed to you. If you have forgotten or misplaced your user name, you must come to your child's team office with valid government issued identification to obtain a copy of your original Star_Portal letter. For your security reasons, we cannot send user names to individuals via email or give it to you over the phone.
What if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, or if your password does not work, use the Star_Portal Support Form to request a that your password be reset. You must complete the address and user name section of the form, or we cannot reset your password.
What if I still cannot log into the system?
If you are continuing to have issues, contact us with the Star Portal Support Form. Please be as specific as possible when detailing your issue(s).
If you or your company uses any type of web blocking software, you will not be able to log onto the system. Please turn off these firewalls to proceed.
Page Updated: Feb 26, 2013