MISSION, VISION, AND CORE BELIEFS
Montclair Public Schools’ Mission
The Montclair Public School District is dedicated to creating a culture of learning and continuous improvement that provides every child with a high quality, rich and rigorous education, through a magnet system of integrated schools in which every school represents a strong, diverse and vibrant community of learners.
Montclair Public Schools’ Vision
The Montclair Public Schools will cultivate and support our students to become high academic achievers, curious and creative thinkers, and socially adept young people who are prepared for college and careers of the 21st century.
- Challenging all students by providing academic rigor is essential to student success.
- All children, regardless of circumstances, can achieve at high levels.
- Academic achievement gaps can and will be eliminated.
- Effective principals and teachers are key to improving growth in student achievement. In addition, the Board of Education and Central Services must promote an environment of continuous improvement and innovation that results in a high performing district that is 100% focused on student achievement and success.
- Supportive and engaged parents, guardians and members of our diverse community must be welcomed as active participants in the education of our students.
Page Updated: Jul 11, 2013