Montclair Board of Education
The Montclair Board of Education consists of seven volunteers from the community (see below).
For each member's biography and individual district email, click on his/her photo or name below.
Residents may also contact the Board of Education as a whole (your message will be sent to all seven Board members) via this group email address. (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- answers to questions you may have about the Board
- the complete Board policies
- roles and responsibilities (presentation by the New Jersey School Boards Association, Jun. 10, 2013)
- the agenda for the upcoming meeting (usually published on the Friday before the meeting)
- a calendar of this year's meetings
- approved minutes of Board meetings
- archived Board agendas, and
- the Montclair Schools mission and goals.
A presentation entitled “Board Member Roles and Responsibilities” was given by the New Jersey School Boards Association (NJSBA) at the June 10, 2013 Board of Education workshop meeting. The presentation identifies and highlights the roles and functions of board members serving in their communities and clarifies the division of responsibilities between the Superintendent and the BOE. The NJSBA, a federation of boards of education, provides training, advocacy and support to advance public education and promote the achievement of all students through effective governance.
Treasurer of School Monies:
Machado Law Group