Montclair Board of Education
Welcome to the School Board section of our website!
The Montclair Board of Education consists of seven volunteers from the community (see below). Clicking on the name or photo will take you to the member's biography.
- answers to questions you may have about how the Board operates
- the complete Board policies
- roles and responsibilities (presentation by the New Jersey School Boards Association, Jun. 10, 2013)
- the agenda for the upcoming meeting (usually published on the Friday before the meeting)
- a calendar of this year's meetings
- approved minutes of Board meetings
- archived Board agendas, and
- the Montclair Schools mission and goals.
A presentation entitled “Board Member Roles and Responsibilities” was given by the New Jersey School Boards Association (NJSBA) at the June 10, 2013 Board of Education workshop meeting. The presentation identifies and highlights the roles and functions of board members serving in their communities and clarifies the division of responsibilities between the Superintendent and the BOE. The NJSBA, a federation of boards of education, provides training, advocacy and support to advance public education and promote the achievement of all students through effective governance.
Jessica de Koninck
Treasurer of School Monies:
Machado Law Group