Rowan University New Jersey Teacher Outreach Program (NJTOP©) provides teachers an opportunity to pursue an endorsement, certification, and/or degree online or on-campus. Rowan University is ranked among the best public universities in the North by U.S. News and World Report. Teachers are encouraged to contact Barry Meinster directly with questions about the program, the many advantages to staying in-state, and/or application process. The discounted per credit rate for teachers is $675 and no hidden fees. Beginning January 2018, the G.R.E. is no longer an admissions requirement for all NJTOP© programs.
Accepting application for the following NJTOP© programs:
- Ed. with several core majors: ESL, Math, Technology, etc. (January 2018)
- A. in Reading Specialist - (January 2018) Blended with 95% Online (The other 5% is a Face to Face practicum at Glassboro)
- A. in Reading Practitioner 100% online (January 2018)
- A. in Sp Ed with Autism Core (January 2018)
- A. in Sp Ed with TOSD GE Core (May 2018)
- A. in Sp Ed with Learning Disabilities Core (September 2018)
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification - TOSD GE (January 2018)
- A. in School Administration with Certifications (January 2018)
- Supervisor Certification only - Completely Online (January 2018)
- Principal Certification only - Completely Online (March 2018)
- Bilingual/Bicultural Endorsement (January 2018)
- English as a Second Language Certification - Completely Online (January 2018)
- Learning Disabilities Certificate (September 2018) (Not the LDTC which is only on-campus)
- Autism Spectrum Certificate (February 2018) (Does Not Lead To Actual NJDOE Certification)
NJTOP© Program Highlights:
- Quality programs
- Each course is 8 weeks, only one course at a time
- Tuition discounted to $675 per credit
- No hidden fees
- Finish in less than 1 year for most programs
- Financial Aid & Grant options if you qualify - or - deferred payment - or - slower pace for smaller semester bills
- Transfer credits are possible
- Application fee is waived
- Application https://rowanu.com/graduate/admissions/education
As a member of the Kean University Diversity Council, MPS is pleased to offer our district employees two TUITION-FREE graduate-level courses through Kean University in the Fall and Spring semesters: "Teaching the Holocaust" and "Prejudice Reduction." CLICK HERE for more information.
- Balanced Literacy Workshop Handouts: K-2 and 3-5
- Pinterest Board: Contact your SML if you’d like to add one of your great ideas to the Montclair Balanced Literacy Pinterest Board.
- “Why Do Americans Stink at Math?,” New York Times, July 23, 2014
Educator Resource Exchange: This site is designed to help educators locate CCSS aligned resources.
Field Trip Forms
— See your school secretary or the Curriculum Office for all forms on Field Trips
— Request to Exceed BOE Field Trip Cost Limits (This must be completed
if the cost to the student exceeds $15.00 for K-5 and $25.00 for 6-12)
Common Core Sheets: This no-fee site is filled with additional practice pages arranged by topic, grade level, and CCSS. You can use one of their sheets or create one of your own including daily review, quizzes, and/or tests. Each sheet has a modified version and an answer key. Can be used in centers or as homework.
District Resource Page: Link to the multiple student, parent and teacher resources listed on the district’s Mathematics Resource Page.
Fluency Practice: Xtra Math is a no-fee, on-line practice tool to help students master grade level fluency standards—great for centers and/or homework practice.
RTI (Response to Intervention)