February 2, 2018
Hello District Families and Staff,
Montclair Public Schools will administer the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) within the state testing window: April 16, 2018 to May 25, 2018.
NJ GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
- Class of 2021 and higher must take and pass PARCC Algebra and PARCC English Language Assessment (ELA) for Grade 10.
- Class of 2020 (Grade 10) must achieve passing scores on PARCC ELA and PARCC Math assessments. Students who do not achieve passing scores on PARCC assessments must take all PARCC assessments for which they are eligible for in order to submit alternate assessments, or complete the portfolio appeals process.
- Class of 2018 and 2019 continue to have PARCC as an option for graduation.
- See details on New Jersey State Graduation Testing Requirements as of May 2017.
As required by the state, Montclair students will no longer be able to “Opt-Out” of testing; however, parents/guardians may allow their students to “Refuse to Test”.
- If parents/guardians refuse student testing, they do so with the understanding that the appeal process for state graduation requires students to take all PARCC tests associated with the high-school level courses for which they were eligible and receive valid scores. Eligible high school courses include: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, ELA 9, ELA 10, and ELA 11.
- If parents/guardians refuse student testing, please complete the Test Refusal form in Genesis by the deadline designated for each school listed below. See directions.
Refuse to test by:
Bradford — April 16, 2018
Charles H Bullock — April 16, 2018
Buzz Aldrin — April 30, 2018
Edgemont — April 30, 2018
Glenfield — April 23, 2018
Hillside — April 23, 2018
Montclair High School — April 9, 2018
Northeast — April 16, 2018
Renaissance — April 23, 2018
Watchung — April 30, 2018