Announcing a Great Professional Development Opportunity
for all School Teaching and Administrative Staff
As a member of the Kean University Diversity Council, Montclair Public School District is pleased to offer our district employees Two TUITION-FREE graduate level courses through Kean University in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Teaching the Holocaust/Prejudice Reduction Courses
- EMSE 5342 Teaching the Holocaust will be offered in the Montclair Public School District during the 2016 fall semester. The course will be held on Thursdays from 4-6:30 PM (district school to be determined). It will be a full semester course (15 sessions). Participants will receive three (3) graduate credits and 45 Professional Development hours.
- EMSE 5342 Teaching Prejudice Reduction will be offered in the district during the 2017 spring semester with the same instructor on Thursdays from 4-6:30 PM. It will be a full semester course (15 sessions). Participants will receive three (3) graduate credits and 45 Professional Development hours.
- There are no tuition costs to the Montclair Public School District professional staff enrolled in these courses, although participants will be asked to purchase books.
- An essential element of the Teaching the Holocaust course is a trip to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington DC. The date is TBA but will be at the end of October, 2016. The district agrees to release the teachers to attend and agrees to pay for the cost of the bus for that all-day trip.
- All members of the classes are required to attend the annual Distinguished Scholar Lecture at Kean University. The tentative date is TBA. This will count as one class session.
- Class members must commit to completing both courses.
- Enrollment shall be limited to thirty (30); participants from secondary and elementary/middle school personnel from a variety of disciplines. All professional staff members and administrators are eligible to enroll.
- Please email Davida Harewood email@example.com before June 15, 2016, if you are interested in taking the FREE courses.