Supervisor of Equity, Curriculum, Instruction and Data Analysis
Position Title: Supervisor Equity, Curriculum, Instruction and Data Analysis
- Minimum of Master’s degree, preferably in leadership, curriculum instruction or data analysis.
- Must possess a N.J. Supervisor Certificate.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate major in subject field.
- Five years or more of teaching experience.
- Two or more years of supervision experience.
- Curriculum instruction and/or data analysis experience preferred.
Responsible to: Assistant Superintendent for Equity
Job Goal: The Supervisor has K-12 curriculum responsibilities in the area of instructional program review, data collection and data analysis. The major job function is to assist central office staff, building administrators and teachers to critically review instructional programs and students’ academic progress with the ultimate goal of engaging in a continuous cycle of improvement.
- Analyze and prepare reports from local, state, and national assessment data as it relates to individual student performance and school improvement.
- Develop and maintain historical student and school data files to monitor and track performance.
- Interpret and review assessment data with central office staff, school administrators and teachers; support planning of action steps.
- Compile data from multiple assessments to develop student, subject, grade-level, or school achievement profiles.
- Coordinate the development of the scope and sequence of courses and special programs to meet district goals, standards and proficiencies.
- Work cooperatively with supervisors to support increased academic opportunities for all students.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of personnel; conduct orientation and training for new staff members, as needed.
- Support Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) meetings focused on data review and analysis.
- Provide supervision support as needed.
- Monitor the progress of students through analysis of assessment results, student grades, perception surveys (staff, students and parents/guardians), progress reports and input received from staff.
- Plan, organize and implement staff development activities in instructional methods, data analysis, curriculum content, assessment, articulation and evaluation.
- Provide assistance to school administrators and teachers in implementing and reviewing programs.
- Make budget recommendations that support student achievement.
- Work with the instructional resources and textbook committees to make informed recommendations that are in compliance with Board Policy in choosing texts and other instructional materials.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment: 12 months as determined by the Board; salary and benefits as negotiated commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Evaluation: Performance on this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on evaluation of certified staff.
The Montclair Public School District encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer