Assistant Superintendent for Equity, Curriculum and Instruction
- Must hold acceptable NJ Administrative Certification.
- Minimum School Administrator Certificate; Master’s Degree qualifications required; experience as a School Administrator in a school district.
- Ten years administrative experience required.
- Must possess strong communication, managerial, budgetary and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective principles of teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a diverse school community.
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Strong public relations skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective public education programs, particularly magnet programs.
- Ability to follow directions and work as a productive component of a highly functioning administrative team 11. Required criminal background check and proof of US citizenship or legal alien status.
- Ability to work on site during the hours required.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Superintendent of Schools
To effectively assist the Board of Education in developing curriculum, instructional models, district policies and administrative regulations as directed by the Superintendent. The Assistant Superintendent will serve as the District’s:
- Affirmative Action Officer ensuring that the District complies with regulations required under N.J.A.C. 6:4
- Equity Officer.
- Compliance and Hearing Officer in all activities required in accordance with federal mandates, such as Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, and Section 504.
- Evaluates and improves upon the overall satisfaction of assigned school services and programs for staff, parents and students.
- Assists with the preparation and administration of the assigned accounts in the school budget.
- Provides leadership and guidance in process of program planning, coordination and evaluation for pupil services and assigned services.
- Identifies priorities for improvement based upon the analysis of data and perception indicators.
- Oversees the preparation of the drafts of needed board policies and administrative rules for the Superintendent's review and/or Board action.
- Participates in the selection and use of assessment instruments which align to assigned programs.
- Maintains a positive liaison with professional, civic, volunteer and other community agencies and groups having an interest in the schools.
- Attends Board meetings and prepares such reports for the board as the Superintendent may request.
- Evaluates the performance of assigned personnel in accordance with law, code and Board policy.
- Enforces all Board policies, administrative directions and state laws/regulations.
- Keeps supervisors and school community informed of requirements, events and activities.
- Oversees the continuous improvement of assigned district services.
- Assists in the recruiting, screening, hiring, training, assigning, evaluation, and removal when needed of staff assigned within the district.
- Aligns program priorities with district standards and objectives.
- Oversees the equity, curriculum and instruction department.
- Supervises the Secretaries, Data Analyst for Student Achievement, Student Equity Advocate, Teacher on Assignment, Community Engagement Liaisons, Supervisors and Directors.
- Uses the continued input from the total school community in improvement efforts.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as designated by the Superintendent.
12 month, salary and benefits as determined by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board's policy on evaluation of certified staff.
BOE Approved: 7.25.16
BOE Approved Revisions: 10.17.16