Community Engagement Liaison
- Must hold a high school diploma.
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records and statistics and to develop meaningful reports from that information.
- Must possess strong communication, managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to make oral presentations before large/small groups of people.
- Ability to exercise considerable tact and courtesy in frequent contact with the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a diverse school community.
- Ability to work in the community during evening hours required.
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public education, particularly magnet programs in Montclair, NJ.
- Ability to follow directions and work as a productive component of a highly functioning team.
- Required criminal background check and proof of US citizenship or legal Alien status.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Assistant Superintendent for Equity
Responsible for assisting in implementation of Board and district goals; advising the Assistant Superintendent of equity regarding communication/customer service issues as perceived by stakeholders; serving as a liaison at community events, organizations, committees and facilitating proactive relationships between Montclair Public Schools and the broader community. The Community Engagement Liaison coordinates meaningful home-school communications with parents/guardians of students participating in Title I programming.
- Attends district community meetings and community organizations/events.
- Assists district staff in collaborating with internal (Assistant Superintendent for Equity) and external stakeholders for the purpose of assisting Montclair Public School staff build effective communication, enhance relationships, and ensure a high quality of customer service to achieve district goals and objectives.
- Collects data to assist district staff in creating responses and action plans for effectively interacting with the external stakeholders.
- Assists district staff in developing, planning, and/or coordinating various system-wide district activities (e.g. community outreach, media/public relations functions, etc.) for the purpose of assisting district staff in enhancing district/community relationships, improving customer services/programs, and promoting a positive public image.
- Assists district staff in soliciting feedback from external stakeholders for the purpose of assisting district staff in improving services and programs provided and forecasting future needs of the district and community.
- Assists district staff in the promotion of various district and school programs and events (e.g. public relations program, community relations, Back-to-School Extravaganza, Student Academic Achievement Awards, school and district recognition, etc.) for the purpose of assisting district staff in communicating and implementing district vision and culture with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collects data from parents/guardians and community members to assist district staff in creating innovative venues to clearly and accurately convey district vision, goals, and objectives.
- Other unspecified duties as assigned.
10 monthly, hourly. This position is temporary and contingent upon ongoing Title I grant funding.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in employment law standards for hourly contracted staff.
Created: September 2017/BOE approved: 9/6/17
The Montclair Public School District encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category.