Executive Secretary to the Assistant Superintendent for Equity, Curriculum and Instruction
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior secretarial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures, record keeping and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability for customer service.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of word processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work within a team of people.
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Required criminal background check & proof of U.S. citizenship, legal alien status, or right to work within the US.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
To serve as the confidential secretary to an administrator; assist in supervising all other secretarial duties in the department and help coordinate district wide administrative activities relating to the functions of the office.
- Supervises and coordinates the efficient workflow of the department relative to the responsibilities of the administrator;
- Oversees the activities of all other secretarial and clerical personnel assigned to the administrator's office;
- Assists in the preparation of all correspondence and reports emanating from the administrator's office;
- Maintains and keeps confidential sensitive information and materials;
- Maintains a regular filing system, as well as a set of locked confidential files, and processes incoming correspondence;
- Maintains a schedule of appointments for the administrator and makes arrangements for conferences, meetings and interviews;
- Maintains strict confidentiality for all information;
- Acts as a liaison between the administrator and other staff in screening and routing inquiries and requests;
- Assists the administrator in compiling data and preparing reports required by law, administrative directive and board policy;
- Receives and properly handles telephone calls, information requests from administrators, teachers, parents, students, business, public, school, community, organizations and governmental agencies and other contacts in a confidential manner.
- Oversees aides, students or volunteers assigned to assist in the office.
- Maintains positive relations with staff, visitors and administrators,
- Maintains required paperwork for activities, records or employment as assigned.
- Effectively utilizes technology programs necessary for the functioning of the department;
- Proofs and recommends changes to written communications and materials from the department;
- Performs all responsibilities in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner while maintaining strict confidentiality of school, school district and Board of Education information and records.
- Successfully completes all other duties as assigned by the administrator.
Terms of Employment
12 Month, Salary to be approved by the board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with state law and provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of non-certified staff.
Established: 1973, revised 1987, 2006, 2008, 2017