Supervisor – Title 1
- Master's Degree from an accredited institution in educational administration;
- Possession of a NJ supervisor certificate;
- Two to three years in a supervisory position and five years of successful teaching experience;
- Extensive knowledge of the ESSA (2015);
- Demonstrated experience with federal programs and/ or working with schools in school improvement;
- Considerable knowledge of public school administration;
- Familiarity of administrative methods and strategies to select, modify, or develop responses to meet unexpected or complex federal program conditions;
- Knowledge of elementary and middle school curriculum, compensatory education programs and working with at-risk student populations;
- Considerable knowledge of budgeting and reporting requirements;
- Experience in working with county, state, and/or federal agencies;
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations regarding federal program proposals and report development processes;
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative competency;
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills; and effective human relations skills.
Working with the Superintendent or Superintendent’s designee, the scope of duties for the Supervisor – Title 1 will include continual identification of departmental priorities and initiatives and assigning, guiding, monitoring, and assessing the workload of staff within the program to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner according to departmental procedures and protocols.
- Communicating department directives and serving as a liaison to the school district and other agency personnel;
- Collaborating with department supervisors on the evaluation of Title 1 plans submitted by schools to ensure that funded initiatives help all student populations meet challenging content and performance standards for the state of NJ;
- Facilitating implementation with supervisors for the transfer and supplemental education services options for eligible schools;
- Supporting the Personnel Office in assisting teachers and paraprofessional educators to meet the "highly qualified" requirements of Achieve NJ;
- Supervising in building capacity for parental involvement and community outreach in low-performing schools through strengthening the home-school connection, increasing the use of home/school communication system (School Messenger) and designing parent training;
- Attending Board of Education meetings to respond to programmatic inquiries;
- Representing the district with or without the Superintendent’s designee at meetings and conferences to give and receive information;
- Serving as panelist, presenter and facilitator at leadership conferences for principals and other district personnel;
- Writing and disseminating communication documents including newsletters, brochures, compilation reports, internal and external memoranda, surveys, profiles, evaluations, and concept papers;
- Maintaining strict fiscal accountability through the review of financial documents and procurement requests for central office operations and requests submitted by schools utilizing Title 1 and related grant funding;
- Preparing reports required by the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE) and responding to requests from other school district offices and outside organizations;
- Devising administrative and record keeping systems that satisfy federal, state and county requirements;
- Participating in program audits by furnishing requested data and participating in interview sessions;
- Evaluating assigned personnel in alignment with articulated Board of Education personnel guidelines and procedures;
- Assisting the Director with interviewing and hiring of department personnel.
12 month, salary and benefits as determined by the Board (grant funded).
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on evaluation of certified staff.
The Montclair Public School District encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category.