Genesis for Students
PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR PARENTS' ACCESS ACCOUNT
PARENTS SHOULD NOT USE THE STUDENT ACCESS SITE
PLEASE GO TO THE PARENT ACCESS SITE INSTEAD
What is Student Access?
Student Access is replacing Skyward Family Access on July 1, 2016. Your Skyward account will no longer be accessible after July 15, 2016. However, your new Genesis student account is now available to log into. We encourage you to log in to your account as soon as you get this information so you will have access to your schedules in late August. The district will NOT mail schedules home before school starts.
Genesis Student Access is a component of Genesis — our student information system for grades 6 – 12. It allows us to provide you with a safe and secure way to view academic information via the Internet. Through Genesis you will have access to the following information:
- Your schedule
- Your daily attendance record
- Your class attendance
- Your discipline information
- Your marking period, mid-term exam, final exam and final grades
- Your report cards
- Your teacher's gradebook grades
- Your class assignments
- Your locker and combination
- Your bus information if you take the bus
- Your fine information
How do students access their accounts?
- All students have their own access Genesis accounts. Because of this there is no need to use your parents account.
- Student accounts are set up as soon as you register as a new student in the district.
- Student accounts see everything parent accounts see, except for contact information.
- Your Genesis student login ID is the same as your google account.
Firstinitial firstname.lastname@example.org. The number represents your year of graduation. For example email@example.com.
How do I use Student Access?
You can learn to use Student Access by reading through the manual provided by Genesis. This manual is online.
I can’t access my account, now what?
If you are having problems accessing your account you should contact the Technology coordinator in your school.