Instructions for Subscription Busing and Registration
School Year 2018-2019
Past participation does not guarantee a seat and you must apply for busing each year.
All subscription busing requests can be completed by printing the Subscription Busing Application or picking it up at the Transportation Department or your school office and submitting it to the Transportation Department. Payment is required for the full year. No partial payments will be accepted. For complete information to apply see below in “How to Apply for Subscription Busing.”
Payment is due within three days of notification. Students will be assigned to existing bus stops and routes based on availability closest to their home. No changes or requests for additional routes or stops will be added.
Registration applications must be received by August 31. Late applications will be accepted until September 15th on a seat-available basis. Subscription bus assignments will not be made until all students that qualify for busing have seats. Absolutely no request will be accepted after October 15th.
All families who qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch in 2018-2019 will be eligible for subscription busing at no cost with proper documentation/verification. Please verify your eligibility before registering for subscription busing services. Contact the Business Office at 973-509-4059 for verification.
How to Apply for Subscription Busing
- Print the application, complete it, and send in as follows:
- Mail to the Montclair Board of Education, Transportation Department, 22 Valley Road, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Fax to 973-509-4065
- Bring application in person to the Transportation Department.
NOTE: If you are unable to print this form or need assistance filling it out, please visit the Department of Transportation for assistance.
- Payment: Due within three days of receiving bus assignment. Money Order made payable to the Montclair Board of Education or by credit card, at www.myschoolbucks.com. An additional transaction fee is added to credit card payments. No personal checks accepted and payment is non-refundable.
Do not submit any payments until you discussed your stop with the Transportation Dept.
- Fee Schedule: For each family, $400 for one student, $225 for second student, $100 for third student. All students after three are free. The maximum charge to a family for the school year is $725.
No partial-year/partial payments will be accepted.
- For assistance with this process, you may call the Transportation Department at 973-509-4055 between the hours of 10 am – 2 pm, Monday – Friday.