School Action Teams for Partnerships
The School Action Team for Partnerships (SATP) is a local school body devoted to supporting each school’s mission by reviewing and informing the school improvement planning process. The SATP shall consist of families, teachers, community partners, and students who will review and inform the School Improvement Plan. The SATP is independent of other parent organizations such as the Parent-Teacher Association. SATP meetings are open to all members of the school community.
The Montclair Board of Education believes that the success of the school and the students it serves is the shared responsibility of school administrators, teachers, families, and community partners. Consistent with its commitment to create and maintain a system of high-performing magnet schools, the Montclair Board of Education will authorize the implementation of a School Action Team for Partnerships (SATP) at each school driven by the diverse voices of its members to review and inform the School Improvement Plan (SIP).
Each SATP’s goals include:
- Supporting the whole child through academic achievement and social and emotional learning;
- Effective family advocacy, communication, and engagement
- Ensuring a welcoming school environment
- Offering volunteer opportunities for family and community engagement
- Educating families to support learning at home; and
- Collaborating with Montclair Community Partners.
For more on the implementation of the SATP and membership, see the Montclair Board of Education Regulation Policy
For related news articles on the work of the SATP, see the following articles on this site:
Click here for a video about the SATP made in 2014 with our previous administration.