September 21, 2018
Montclair Public Schools
The Charles H. Bullock School
55 Washington Street ~ Montclair, New Jersey 07042
I am so grateful to all the new and familiar families who came out to yesterday’s PTA meetings. It’s thrilling to know that so many families are eager to participate and get involved. There are many opportunities for you to be involved in your child’s school life. For PTA updates, always check their website.
- Welcome Back Family Picnic: What a fun way to end the week tonight. Grab a blanket, picnic dinner and drinks - come relax on the Bullock Field (6:00 to 7:30 pm). Don’t feel like cooking? Not a problem. Our 5th graders will be selling pizza and baked goods to raise money for their “Moving Up” activities. CHB spirit wear will also be available for purchase. The PTA still could use a few more volunteers tonight. Please use this link to signup. Remember that there will not be access to the bathrooms, so please plan accordingly. Also, this is a family event so all children are to be accompanied by adults. This is not a drop off event. Hope to see you there…
- Morning Drop Off: I have noticed that some families are dropping off students in the school’s parking lot. Please be reminded that this is not a drop off area. Cars pulling up along the median cause the busses to be unable to get through, but most importantly, it is unsafe. The carpool line is designed with your child’s safety in mind. Please respect this rule.
- Picture Day – Picture Day is Tuesday, September 25th. If you plan to order pictures, please make sure you send in the order form/payment envelope to your child’s teacher. Please avoid making appointments that will cause your child to be absent. The class picture is a special keepsake.
- PTA’s After School Enrichment – Sign-up begins SUNDAY at 8 PM. The After-School Enrichment ("ASE") Committee of the CHB PTA is pleased to once again offer ASE to the CHB community. ASE offers fun and affordable classes (financial aid is available), after school and right at CHB, in categories ranging from Sports and Exercise to STEM to the Performing and Creative Arts. ASE is a 10-week program that runs Monday through Thursday, 3:25 PM to 4:25 PM, with each class meeting onceRegistration begins this Sunday, September 23, at 8 PM and is done primarily online. Registration ends on Thursday, September 27. Classes begin Monday, October 15. Further information about classes and the program is available in the attached Program Brochure. Please direct any questions to the following address.
- Lunch Applications – Please submit: If you have not already done so, please complete and submit lunch applications for the new school year. Students who have not re-established free or reduced-price status this year, whether through Direct Certification or a completed meal application, will be charged for meals at the full pay rate beginning in October. Families will receive a letter from the district when their eligibility has been determined. Any questions regarding the status of a specific application should be directed to the business office (973) 509-4050.
News From Our PTA
PTA Membership Form:
You should have received a PTA packet this week regarding annual PTA membership. Please attach your contributions as check or cash and send via backpack mail.
- PTA Interest Form - We’d love to have more PTA volunteers on board! Don't forget to return your PTA interest form if you’d like to join. There are many fun and wonderful ways to get involved. Check the programs you are interested in on the form and you’ll receive an email from the committee chairs over the next few weeks. If you're not sure what to sign up for, let us know on the interest form and we will find a home for you.
- PTA Leadership - We are in need of a Co-Vice President! Please reach out to us if you’re interested in supporting us as Co-VP for the 2018/2019 academic year.
We are on the look out for a chairperson for the following committees:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Special Educational (SEPAC) Liaison
- Grant writing
- Garden Committee
- Box Tops
- Fifth grade moving up
- Fourth grade camping Trip
Friday, Sep. 21st – Family Picnic; Bullock Field 6:00 to 7:30pm
Tuesday, Sep. 25th – Picture Day
Have a wonderful weekend!
Nami Kuwabara, Principal