Dear Incoming Fifth Grader and Family,
The fifth grade team is excited about the year to come! We know that you are ready to embark on your last year at Bullock. Together we can make it your best year yet! One of the biggest responsibilities next year is that you are in charge of your own work, so you will need to be very organized. If you are not known to be organized, you are in luck because we’re here to help you. Each day fifth graders are expected to come to school well rested and prepared with school supplies, homework assignments and a snack. You will need to purchase a 3-ring binder to organize your assignments, notes, and flyers.
We are suggesting that you purchase the following supplies to bring with you the first week of school.
- Personal supplies will need to be brought to school each day to ensure you are prepared for learning experiences.
- Community supplies will be collected on the first day of school and will be shared amongst the fifth grade classrooms.
- Homework supplies should be kept together in a basket or on a desk at home, so that you have the resources readily available to demonstrate your best work on homework assignments.
We can’t wait for school to begin! Enjoy your summer and we’ll see you in fifth grade!
The 5th Grade Team
Personal Supplies for School:
● (1) 1 ½ inch 3-ring binder
● Package of 5 dividers
● (2) Marble Composition notebooks (blue, black, red or green only) -please don’t label (100 pages, 9.75 in x 7.5 in)
● (5) plastic 2-pocket file folders
● (2) Highlighters
● Cap erasers
● (1) soft pencil pouch
● (1) pair earbuds
● Daily healthy snacks NUT AND TREE NUT FREE
Community Supplies for School:
● (1) pack of 12-count Crayola colored pencils
● (3) boxes of tissues
● (2) glue sticks
● (1) roll of paper towels
● (5) packages of Post-its
● (2) packs of wide-ruled white filler paper
● (1 package) black unscented Expo dry erase markers
● (2) containers of disinfectant wipes
Suggested Homework Supplies to Have Available at Home:
● index cards
● deck of playing cards
● colored pencils
● lined paper (wide rule)
● construction paper
A clear and quiet work space to complete homework and projects.