Course Description: This course is designed for students who wish to continue their development in instrumental music. Students shall be responsible for all band activities. Emphasis will be placed on further development of playing technique as well as increased knowledge of reading music.
Supplementary Instructional Material: Musical exercises and published band literature.
Units of Study
- Developing musicianship through performance of existing band literature
- Practice Habits
- Instrument/Uniform Maintenance and care
- Cooperative Group Environment
Proficiencies: At the completion of the course, students will be able to
- demonstrate a working knowledge of major scales on their instrument
- demonstrate an increased capability at sight reading music.
- demonstrate a good working knowledge of playing techniques
- participate in all scheduled activities
Evaluation and Assessment
- Public Performance – Winter and Spring Concerts
- Musicianship – Daily Rehearsals
New Jersey Core Curriculum Standard Alignment: Meets all core curriculum standards for music.