Athletic number: 973-509-4102
Fax number: 973-783-7109
PE Opt-Out Form: 2016-2017 form.
Sports forms: Submit only once per school year, the first season you play a sport during a school year.
- Code of Conduct
- NJSIAA Steroid Testing Policy
- Sports-Related Concussion and Head Injury Fact Sheet
- Sudden Cardiac Death – Sign off
Medical forms: Submitted Each Season*
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: History Form - Completed/signed by parent and student
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: Athletes with Special Needs Supplemental Needs Form - Completed/signed by parent and student
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: Physical Examination form - Completed/signed by doctor
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: Clearance Form - Completed/signed by doctor
- Health History Update Questionnaire - required if physical is more than 90 days from the first day of practice.
THE CLEARANCE PROCESS CAN TAKE 2 TO 3 WEEKS.
No forms will be accepted during or after school.
*The section below details the medical paperwork you are supposed to submit.
Medical Paperwork Submission for Spring Sports
SPORTS PHYSICALS ARE ONLY VALID FOR 365 DAYS.
Physicals are reserved for athletes that do not have a primary care physician or have a physical expiring between January 25, 2016 and the start of their respective spring sports season. If you need a physical for the spring sports season and cannot see your own physician before January 25, 2017, please plan on attending on your assigned day.
ALL SPRING SPORTS
- If you played a fall or winter sport (9-12 grade) and your last physical was dated on or after March 4, 2016, that physical is still valid and you must only submit the “Health History Update Questionnaire”. If you physical was dated on or before March 4, 2016, you must have a new physical:
- History Form
- Athlete with Special Needs, Supplemental Form
- Physical Examination Form
- Clearance Form
- If you are in grades 10-12 and did not play a fall or winter sport and MHS has a valid (dated on or after March 4, 2016) sports physical on file, you must only submit the “Health History Update Questionnaire” and all required sports forms.
- If you are a 9th grader and you did not play a fall or winter sport you must submit all medical paperwork and all required sports forms:
- If your last physical was dated on or after March 4, 2016, have your physician complete the Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: Physical Examination Form/Clearance Form from your most recent physical
- If your last physical was dated on or before March 4, 2016, you must have a new physical.
Form Submission and Sport Physical Schedule
Paperwork Submission Only
Location: LGI (Main Building)
Time: 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Wednesday, January 11, 2017: Submit completed forms (Medical and Athletic) for Crew, Golf and Boys Tennis
Wedensday, January 18, 2017: Submit completed forms (Medical and Athletic) for Baseball, Softball and Boys Volleyball
Wednesday, February 1, 2017: Submit completed forms (Medical and Athletic) for Boys & Girls Lacrosse and Spring Track
Monday, February 6, 2017: Final day for form submission for any spring sports
Physicals and Paperwork Submission
Location: LGI (Main Building)
Time: Paperwork Submission 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Physicals 4:30 pm– 6:30 pm
PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST BE PRESENT
Monday January 9, 2017: Sports physicals and form submission for Crew, Golf and Boys Tennis
Monday January 23, 2017: Sports physicals and form submission for Baseball, Softball and Boys Volleyball
Wednesday, January 25, 2017: Sports physicals and form submission for Boys & Girls Lacrosse and Spring Track
IF YOU CANNOT MAKE YOUR ASSIGNED PHYSICAL NIGHT, YOU MAY COME ON ANOTHER EVENING.
IMPACT TEST IS VALID FOR TWO YEARS.
ImPACT Permission Slip
ImPACT Dates - MAC Lab
MUST HAVE PERMISSION SLIP
3:00 pm – Crew
4:00 pm – Golf and Boys Tennis
5:00 pm – Baseball and Softball
3:00 pm – Spring Track
4:00 pm – Boys Volleyball and Boys and Girls Lacrosse
5:00 pm – Any sport
If you can’t make your time slot, go to any other one.
To view all athletic schedules please follow the instructions below.
- Go to the MHS page on arbiterlive.com.
- Then click on your sport for the team schedule.
For registering to receive team alerts:
- Follow directions above. Once you are on team schedule, on the right hand side you will click on Follow Team.
- Please follow the prompts on screen.
IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ATHLETES – 2015-2016
The State of New Jersey has just adopted a new component related to physicians who are conducting athletic physicals for high school and middle school students throughout the state. Beginning with the 2015-2016 school year, the State of New Jersey has mandated that the examining physician for an athletic physical must complete a Student-Athlete Cardiac Assessment Professional Development Module prior to administering the physical. On the new state physical form that we have on our website, there is a sign-off that the examining physician must complete, to certify that they indeed, have completed this module.
With this said, we like to notify all parents/guardians who have a child that will be will be participating in our athletic program, that their personal physician must have completed this module, if the new physical is being given by the personal physician. Below we have included a link, which you may want to forward to your physician, to ensure that they are aware of this new law and are able to conform to it because without the personal physician having completed this module, the athletic physical will not be able to be certified by the Montclair School District Physician.
Athletic physicals that are in place and will not expire for another season need not conform to this new mandate, however when a new athletic physical is required, this mandate must be adhered to. We will continue to advise you of the situation as we move along and we are hopeful that most physicians have already completed this module.
Link to NYDOE press release on Professional Development Module Created to Help Health Professionals Identify Student-Athletes at Risk of Cardiac Arrest and associated video