A tutorial to review all the functions of Naviance: Naviance Tutorial Power Point.
What is Naviance?
Naviance is a college and career readiness platform that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals. Its comprehensive college and career planning solutions optimize student success, maximize counselor effectiveness, and track results for school and district administrators.
Logging into Naviance
Visit the Naviance website and enter your username and password. Please contact your guidance counselor or team secretary for your information. *Parents can also have an account set up with a separate username and password from your student. Please contact your guidance counselor to set this up.
Useful Tools on Naviance
- College Search Tools:
- Scattergrams: provide Montclair High School data/results for specific colleges (a graph of acceptances, denials, wait list, early applications)
- College Search: a comprehensive search tool in which students categorize schools by size, geographic location, majors, athletics/special programs, costs, etc.)
- Overlaps: provides a list of the 10 schools that are most commonly applied to in conjunction with another school.
- Career Inventories
- Personality Inventory: Do What You Are survey
- Resume builder
- Career Interest Profile
- Super Match:
- SuperMatch tool instructions
- To begin your college planning, click Colleges ➤ SuperMatch college search ➤ Under Find The Best Fit ➤Click the arrows to expand each college search criteria options.
Senior Year: Electronic Documents
- The Guidance Office utilizes Naviance to submit the following documents to colleges electronically:
- Official Transcript
- Secondary School Report Form
- Counselor Recommendation
- School Profile
- Special Program Profile (CGI, CSJ, Peer Leadership, etc)
- Teacher Recommendations (must be submitted by teacher directly)
- FERPA/Matching with the Common App
- In order to submit documents to colleges, the student must complete the FERPA waiver in the Common App, and then match their information in Naviance. See your Team office for directions on completing the process.
- In order to match, student must log into Naviance, click on the Colleges Tab, and then click the Colleges I’m Applying To link. Simply enter the e-mail address used for the Common App account and click match. This only needs to be done once.