MHS Student Transcript Request:
Instead of the orange card system used in the past, students will now complete a Gold Transcript Release Form for every college they are applying to. Transcript and Counselor recommendation letter will not be processed without completing this form. Below you will find step-by-step directions for how and when to request transcripts and letters of recommendations. Guidance Counselors will be reviewing this process with seniors in small group meetings this fall. Students are also encouraged to meet with their Guidance Counselor for any additional questions or concerns.
Click here for the Guidance Transcript Release Form. Please note, this is a sample copy and should not be printed or copied. All Transcript Release Forms should be picked up from and returned directly to your guidance counselor.
TRANSCRIPT RELEASE FORM STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS
- Before we can send your transcript, you must complete FERPA waiver on your Common Application account. For instructions on how to complete your FERPA waiver, please click here.
- Student has identified the colleges he/she will be applying to and adds these schools to “Colleges I’m Applying To” in Naviance by completing the following steps:
→ Naviance Family Connection home screen and Click on “Colleges” tab
→ Click on “Colleges I’m Applying To”
→ Click on “+Add Colleges to This List”
→Enter the Colleges, Application Types, and whether you’ve submitted your applications yet
→ Click on “Add Colleges”
→ Student will then identify their method of applying (Common App, Directly to the Institution, Coalition App, etc.) and click “Update Applications”
- Student completes a Gold Transcript Release Form for EVERY COLLEGE he or she is applying to and submits directly to his or her Guidance Counselor at least 10 school days prior to the application deadline. Transcript and Counselor recommendation letter will not be processed without completing this form. Upon receiving Transcript Release Forms, Counselors will assure that the student has accomplished each necessary task.
- Students are not required to submit all of their Transcript Release Forms at once.
- Students are encouraged, but not required to submit their applications to their colleges before submitting their Transcript Release Forms to their Counselor
- Counselors will submit all appropriate documents to the college(s) within 10 school days from receipt of the Transcript Release Form.
Alumni Transcript Request:
Please contact Ms. Malloy at extension 4133 to request a transcript from Montclair High School. Transcripts will NOT be provided upon receipt of an email request.
Requests for transcripts must be made in writing by the graduate (not a parent or other person). Requests must include:
Name (and maiden name if applicable)
A check in the amount of $5 (per transcript)
The address to which the transcript should be sent
A stamped, addressed envelope (one for each request)
Signature of graduate
Send requests by postal mail to
Montclair High School
100 Chestnut St.
Montclair, NJ 07042
For all other inquiries to the Guidance Department, please email us, or call 973-509-4118.