Student Assistance Counselors
Student Assistance Counselors at MHS
- 9th Grade Academy: Mrs. Jaime Doshi, x5135
- 10th-12th Grade (last names A-K): Mr. Art Settembrino, x4783
- 10th-12th Grade (last names L-Z): Mr. Hugh Witter, x2611
The SACs are advocates for you and your family. They connect with community resources, and they provide services that to reduce your risk factors and increase healthy lifestyle choices.
They are available for social/emotional counseling, for drug/alcohol related issues, and for supporting you and your family members in navigating high school life. They comprehensively address prevention, intervention, and support services.
The SACs are involved with curriculum and policy development, parent and staff education, substance awareness needs, violence prevention, bullying, harassment issues, and grant writing to support programming.
The counselors provide a safe place for you to discuss any problems that you may be experiencing. Discussions are confidential and do not become part of your school record.
You are encouraged to use the counselors for help with family problems, emotional concerns, alcohol or other drug abuse, eating disorders or any types of personal problem. You may use the program for yourself, as well as concerns you may have about your friends or family members. Over the years many MHS students have brought friends to the SACs to assist with issues.
The following components are offered through the Student Assistance Program:
- Prevention and Education
- Intervention and Referral Services
- Individual, group, and family support
- Grief counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Student Support Services
- Substance Abuse Needs Assessment, including alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs of abuse
- Violence Prevention Programs and dating issues
- Peer Education Programs, Community Outreach, Policy and Staff Development
- Personal relationship
- Emotional conflict