Registration Requirements

All documents listed below MUST be brought to Registration

Proof of Age

  • An original birth certificate with a raised seal, or passport.

Parent/Guardian Proof of Identity

(Verification you are the person listed on the student's identification paperwork AND the residency documents submitted)

  • Photo driver's license
  • Passport
  • State or Municipal ID
  • Non-Driver ID
  • Work ID
  • Any other photo ID with your name

Medical Records

Current immunization and physical examination records are required, and should be attached to the physical exam form. Please note that the following links are to printable PDFs. If you are unable to access these, please come to the Registration Office at 22 Valley Road to pick up a copy.

Residential Requirements

Proof of Residence: All persons coming to register children must bring four proofs of residency. Verification of a child's residency requires the presentation of:

  1. One of the following documents with a Montclair address:
    • Homeowner - Montclair property tax bill.
    • Tenant - Current lease; if residing as a tenant without a lease, a signed, notarized sworn statement of tenancy (affidavit) completed by the landlord.
    • Child is domiciled with Montclair resident other than parent - Affidavit Form A executed by Montclair resident and Affidavit Form B executed by parent or guardian.
    • Child and parent living with Montclair resident - signed, notarized sworn Statement of Residency (Affidavit) completed by the Montclair resident and parent or guardian.
    • Child placed in Montclair by court - court order placing child in home of Montclair resident.
    • Child placed in Montclair by Child Welfare Agency - document of child welfare agency ordering that child be placed in home of Montclair resident.
  2. In addition, any three of the following documents containing a Montclair address*:
    • Driver's license plus registration, plus auto insurance card;
    • Current utility bill;
    • Current cable television bill;
    • Current credit card bill;
    • Written statement from realtor stating parent/guardian has signed a contract to purchase or rent in Montclair;
    • Mortgage statement;
    • Official mail (bank statement, government correspondence: Internal Revenue, Division of Taxation, Social Security Administration);
    • Public assistance documents A.F.D.C. (Aid For Dependent Children) and W.I.C. (Women, Infants and Children);
    • Income tax return;
    • Voter registration card/records;
    • Unemployment benefit verification;
    • Recent paycheck/stub;
    • Documents to support Affidavit Forms A and B. Affidavits A and B are not available online but can be picked up at the Board Office.

*McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance Act of 2001. If you lack a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence, please notify the Registrar.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.